CTAI’s Idaho Rideshare program is a free, online ridesharing resource that helps Idahoans find the right person to share a ride with via carpool or vanpool. Idaho Rideshare allows users to map out their travels, from a weekly schedule for work, a special event, – like a sports game – or a one-time trip across the state.
- Idaho RideShare provides options for its users, including:
- Connect with Facebook and find matches with your friends.
- Download the iPhone App for one-time ride matching needs.
- Bike Buddies – find a “buddy” to ride with on your commute.
- SchoolPool – a secure feature for parents to connect with others in order to get their kids to school. This feature not only helps parents make their morning schedule more flexible, but also reduces congestion and pollution in school parking lots.
Once mapped out, users can select preferences on who they’d like to ride with, if they’d like to drive, and times for when they’d like to depart or arrive. As soon as the trip is created, Idaho Rideshare finds individuals with similar travel schedules and compares their routes until the best match is found.
In addition to individual use, Idaho Rideshare provides opportunities for employers to create and manage employee commute reduction programs.
For additional information on how to set up an account on Idaho RideShare visit: www.idahorideshare.org